Sexology: Intro to Relationship Dynamics
Take the CourseSexology: Intro to Relationship Dynamics
Start Date1 October 2023
End Date31 December 2023
We have relationships and the potential for relationships, all around us. Relationships can take positive time and space, or negative time and space in our lives. We have the power to choose how to handle our relationships and how to respond to them.
Sexology: Intro to Relationship Dynamics short course introduces you to various concepts and terminology used within Relationship Sexology. In this course, you will explore various dynamics and types of relationships.
This 20-hour short course will deepen your understanding of love, relationships, and marriage and gain insight into the role you play in creating and maintaining relationship dynamics.
Conflict is inevitable and you’ll need to navigate the “art of conflict”, so that its outcomes can be upbuilding and productive, and not destructive. Learn how to manage conflict and when to seek supportive guidance and counselling.
The course will equip you with knowledge and tools to build healthy relationships and enable effective conflict resolution, paying attention to the multiple layers of which they are comprised.
It will also build your awareness of sexual dysfunctions and disorders.
Is this course for you?
This course is for you if you want to cultivate and grow healthy relationship and explore various dimensions and types of relationships.
What is sexology?
Sexology is the scientific study of human sexuality, including human sexual interests, behaviours, and functions. Sexologists have studied the science of sex, which means they have studied human anatomy and physiology and psychology regarding sexuality, sexual interests, and behaviours.
Dates and Registration
- Class of 2023 October – December
- Class of 2024 January – March
- Class of 2024 April – June
- Class of 2024 July – September
- Class of 2024 October – December
Short course classes are on demand allowing you to register at any time and move through course content at a time that suits you. Learners will have access to the course for the class period they choose when registering.
Upon completion, you will receive a digital certificate of completion as evidence of the skills and knowledge demonstrated.
Sexology: Intro to Relationship Dynamics short course has been designed and developed by experts in the field of psychology. The course is for anyone needing to upskill in this area and offers 20 hours of learning.
What You’ll Need
- Access to Microsoft Word
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Stable internet connection
What You’ll Learn
Through videos, readings and discussions, you will explore the following topics:
- Sexual identity, gender identity, sexuality and sexual self-esteem.
- Successful relationships, healthy habits and conflict resolution.
- Love, relationships, and marriage.
- Factors that affect adult romantic relationships: attachment styles and various sexual dysfunctions.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of Sexual self-identity, Gender Identity, Sexuality and Sexual Self-Esteem.
- Describe the Circles of Sexuality: A Strength-Based Sex-Positive Approach.
- Identify important vocabulary; terms used in Sexology.
- Demystify the concepts of actual, real and idealised self with application to Sexology (Karen Horney).
- Examine the important role of Relationship Therapy.
- Identify the habits of a successful relationship.
- Differentiate between the terms conflict, disagreement, and argument.
- Identify skills to deal with conflict in relationships.
- List the Five Love Languages; for self and partner.
- Deepen your understanding of self; a foundational point to cultivate a successful relationship.
- Explain Sternberg’s Triangular Love theory and the 7 types of love.
- Identify the various forms and meanings of marriage.
- Examine the different types of relationships that people may engage in.
- Review some tips for building healthy relationships.
- Examine potential conflict strategies to use when in conflict situations.
- Identify what Attachment Styles are and how they influence your romantic partner relationships as adults.
- Describe Sexual Dysfunctions that affect relationships as per the DSM V-TR.
- Identify when you need to seek help and what can be expected when you do find professional help.
There are numerous practical and self-reflective activities throughout the course, to help you on the journey of self-discovery. Each activity is carefully designed to enhance your learning and understanding of the content. This course is not meant to be purely academic in nature, but a course that can truly enhance your own journey and understanding of self and your relationships.
Our short course developers and assessors are expert practitioners. They have been specifically selected for the breadth and depth of experience they possess in their respective disciplines. The team loves sharing their knowledge and online learning expertise to ensure that you get the most out of your learning journey.
Learn how to cultivate and grow healthy relationships and enable effective conflict resolution.
Gain insight into relationship types and dynamics.
Deepen your understanding of love, relationships, and marriage.