Search our selection of online short courses
Intro to Human Behaviour
Understand what makes you, "you." Discover why humans think, feel and behave the way they do.
- Improve your self-awareness about how you relate to yourself and others.
- Apply frameworks to understand human development at various life stages.
- Apply your newfound knowledge in personal and professional settings.
Factors Influencing Human Behaviour
Explore internal and external factors that shape human behaviour. Learn how habits, attitudes and values are formed.
- Explore the factors that influence human cognition and emotion.
- Uncover the factors that influence how attitudes and values are created.
- Learn how your sense of self shapes your ability to connect with others.
Domains of Psychology
Explore the core schools of thought in psychology. Understand the biological and neuropsychological functioning of the human mind and body.
- Explore the how sensory information is interpreted by the brain.
- Understand different psychological approaches that affect human thinking and behaviour.
- Examine various theories, models and research in the different domains of psychology.
Enhancing Mental Health
Learn about mental health and how to enhance it. Explore mental health in a personal, community and workplace context.
- Understand the multi-faceted layers within mental health and how to enhance it.
- Apply your learnings to your personal mental health and flourish.
- Explore community mental health and mental health in the workplace.
Management & Leadership
Intro to Coaching
Explore key aspects of coaching and how it can support personal and professional development.
- Understand what coaching is all about.
- Empower yourself and those around you.
- Build relationships, communicate effectively, and manage progress in your day-to-day life and workplace.
Explore the roles that motivation, self-confidence, self-talk, emotional control and concentration play in sports performance.
- Understand drivers behind sports performance and profile athletes.
- Explore cognitive processes that optimise sports performance.
- Apply psychological theory and research within the context of the sport.
Psychological Theories of Child and Adolescent Development
Understand the ways in which children and adolescences develop, think and behave.
- Sharpen your understanding of child and adolescent development theories.
- Explore significant developmental milestones that distinguish childhood and adolescence.
- Understand social, emotional and psychological changes in childhood and adolescence.
Counselling Children and Youth
Develop skills and awareness around current challenges faced by children and youth.
- Reflect on the effects of family break up, grief, trauma, sexual abuse, and bullying.
- Explore creative ways to effectively engage with children and young people in crisis.
- Apply meaningful counselling strategies to address issues that affect children and youth.
Intro to Crisis & Trauma
Explore various concepts of crisis and trauma and develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Explore principles and approaches of managing incidents of crisis and trauma.
- Develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand key assumptions and key principles that govern a Trauma-informed Care Approach.
Symptoms of Crisis & Trauma
Understand the differences between immediate and long-term effects of crisis and trauma and accompanying emotional and physical reactions.
- Understand common experiences and responses to trauma.
- Explore trauma-related Psychological Disorders.
- Learn about cross-cultural interpretations of PTSD.
Learn why specific crisis and trauma interventions are appropriate in addressing complex trauma.
- Explore specialised Crisis and Trauma Counselling interventions.
- Understand the rationale behind appropriate methodologies.
- Apply intervention strategies in a Crisis and Trauma Counselling scenarios.
Introduction to the Science of Sexology
Explore the scientific study of human sexuality and sexual interests, behaviours, and functions within various environments and subsystems.
- Understand the history of sexology and how it was established as a formal discipline.
- Explore philosophies that played a significant role in shaping sexology.
- Understand what relationship sexology is and the value that relationship counselling can offer.