Search our selection of online short courses
The Science of Sexology
Explore the scientific study of human sexuality, human sexual interests, sexual behaviours and functions.
- Understand concepts related to human sexuality and behaviour that are naively misunderstood.
- Examine the pre-scientific and scientific contributions to building the foundations of the science of sexology.
- Identify what is the work of a Sexologist, Sexuality Therapist and Counsellor of Sexuality.
Intro to Human Behaviour
Understand what makes you, "you." Discover why humans think, feel and behave the way they do.
- Improve your self-awareness about how you relate to yourself and others.
- Apply frameworks to understand human development at various life stages.
- Apply your newfound knowledge in personal and professional settings.
Factors Influencing Human Behaviour
Explore internal and external factors that shape human behaviour. Learn how habits, attitudes and values are formed.
- Explore the factors that influence human cognition and emotion.
- Uncover the factors that influence how attitudes and values are created.
- Learn how your sense of self shapes your ability to connect with others.
Fundamental Counselling Skills
Want to enhance your current skillset? Learn the basics of counselling and how to have effective helping conversations with others.
- Sharpen your helping skills to better support others.
- Learn how to have effective helping relationships and conversations with others.
- Conceptualise and apply various counselling processes and skills on a weekly basis.
Deepening Your Counselling Skills
Want to further develop your counselling knowledge and skills? Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Further develop your counselling knowledge and application.
- Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Learn how to work with clients who are resistant, challenging, or diverse.
Intro to Crisis & Trauma
Explore various concepts of crisis and trauma and develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Explore principles and approaches of managing incidents of crisis and trauma.
- Develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand key assumptions and key principles that govern a Trauma-informed Care Approach.
Symptoms of Crisis & Trauma
Understand the differences between immediate and long-term effects of crisis and trauma and accompanying emotional and physical reactions.
- Understand common experiences and responses to trauma.
- Explore trauma-related Psychological Disorders.
- Learn about cross-cultural interpretations of PTSD.
Learn why specific crisis and trauma interventions are appropriate in addressing complex trauma.
- Explore specialised Crisis and Trauma Counselling interventions.
- Understand the rationale behind appropriate methodologies.
- Apply intervention strategies in a Crisis and Trauma Counselling scenarios.
Effective Crisis & Trauma Management
Understand which treatments and approaches are most effective in managing post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Better understand of the effects of rape and partner violence.
- Recognise the importance of self-care as a counsellor and the risk of secondary trauma and chronic fatigue.
- Effectively manage situations of crisis and trauma.
Management & Leadership
Employee Motivation & Wellness
A motivated team is a successful team. Learn how to manage, motivate and inspire employees to be their best.
- Acquire essential management skills that allow you to inspire your employees.
- Empower your employees to reach their full potential and do their jobs well.
- Discover how engagement and employee wellness contribute to business success.
Management & Leadership
Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent
Explore the practices of employee recruitment. Learn about performance-management, rewarding performance, and compensation planning.
- Gain practical skills to effectively recruit top talent that adds value.
- Learn how to motivate team members through rewards and compensation.
- Learn how to deal with employee grievances in a proactive manner.
Effective Interpersonal Communication
Develop your communication skills. Learn how to communicate clearly with friends, family and colleagues.
- Build strong relationships and people skills through effective communication.
- Learn how to listen well, verbalise responses effectively, and read between the lines.
- Discover how communication works and strengthen your connections.