Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent
Take the CourseRecruiting & Retaining Top Talent
Start Date13 May 2024
End Date30 June 2024
An organisation’s success depends on the skills of its people. With the right talent in place, a company can flourish.
The Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent micro-credential will teach you the core elements of talent management.
In this 7-week course, you will learn about human resource planning, the principles and practices of employee recruitment and selection, and the role of performance-management in organisations. Understand how to motivate top talent through rewards and compensation.
The course also covers the importance, and implications, of employee relations management and how a manager can deal with employee grievances and conflict.
Time commitment per week
An average of 10 – 13 hours weekly.
Is this course for you?
This course is for you if you manage a team or want to pursue a management role. Learn how to find top talent and excel as a manager.
Click here to download the course brochure.
- Class of 2023 May: 13 May – 30 June
- Class of 2023 August: 12 August – 29 September
There are no online classes. Course content is released on a weekly basis allowing you to work through course material, and meet weekly targets, at a time that is most convenient to you.
Upon completion, you will receive a digital certificate of competence and badge. Your certificate and badge can be shared on 100+ social media platforms, allowing you to share your achievement with a single click.
The OpenLearning team has reviewed this course to ensure quality academic learning within the Malaysian and Australian credentialing framework.
An OpenLearning OpenCred is a type of credential that can stand-alone, or interact with a formal qualification. OpenCred courses are market-leading online courses that prepare learners for the future of work.
This course has been designed and developed by experts in the field of psychology. The Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent micro-credential is for anyone needing to upskill in this area and offers 80 hours of learning and assessment.
Learners study online with peers and receive robust academic content while acquiring practical industry-relevant skills.
Completing this course leads to obtaining an OpenCred.
- 80 hours of learning
- OpenCred classification: Pathway
Stack specified combinations of SACAP Global micro-credentials and they can be recognised as equivalent to a module within our degree programme at SACAP South Africa.
If you meet the minimum entrance criteria, you can enrol for the degree and apply for module exemption.
What You’ll Need
- Access to Microsoft Word
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Stable internet connection
What You’ll Learn
Over the course of seven (7) weeks, through videos, readings and discussions, you will explore the following topics:
- Week 1: Human Resource Management Planning and the principles, tools and procedures involved in the process to make sure your departments and organisation has the talent and teams it needs to function well.
- Week 2: Recruitment and selection processes to make sure you get the right people in the right positions.
- Week 3: The role of performance management in organisations to make sure that people know what is expected of them, how they can give their best and how to give them the feedback they need to thrive.
- Week 4: Performance and Compensation Planning. How to motivate staff using rewards and compensation while being mindful of how best – and when – to do so.
- Week 5: The importance and implications of employee relations management.
- Week 6: Employee Grievances and Conflict. The need for policies and procedures that will help a manager deal with employee grievances and conflict and how to deal with a complaint.
- Week 7: Complete a final assessment. Review all aspects of the micro-credential content.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Demonstrated your understanding of human resource (HR) planning.
- Demonstrated your understanding of effective recruitment and selection processes.
- Analysed the role of performance-management in organisations.
- Discussed the considerations to be mindful of when it comes to rewarding performance and developing a compensation plan.
- Discussed the importance and implications of employee relations management.
- Evaluated the need for policies and procedures to help a manager deal with employee grievances and conflict.
You will have also created a portfolio of evidence, which you can use to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of finding and keeping top talent.
Our short course developers and assessors are expert practitioners. They have been selected for the breadth and depth of experience in their respective disciplines. The team loves sharing their knowledge and online learning expertise to help you get the most out of your learning journey.
Sharpen your ability to carry out human resource planning.
Gain skills in spotting talent and managing and rewarding performance.
Up your game in employee relations management.