Search our selection of online short courses
Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Early Diagnosis and Intervention
Gain insight into the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and dyslexia.
- Understand the criteria for the diagnosis of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Differentiate types of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Explore the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Childhood Disorders – Causes, Symptoms, Misdiagnosis and Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities
Understand childhood psychological disorders. Gain insight into the management and treatment of childhood disorders.
- Understand childhood disorders prevalent in South Africa.
- Gain insight into childhood psychopathology, its causes and unique factors.
- Explore the prevention and management of childhood disorders.
Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness for the Treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Gain insight into the treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) through the use of Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness.
- Understand the impact of trauma on the individual.
- Examine PTSD within the South African context.
- Treat PTSD using Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness.
The Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health – Where to From Here?
Understand the impact of COVID-19 on mental health. Explore the individual and social responses to lockdown.
- Investigate the role that disaster psychiatry plays during a pandemic.
- Learn about the emotional epidemic curve of COVID-19.
- Gain insight into the long-term consequences for children and adolescents.