Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent
Take the Course
Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent
Start Date11 July 2022
End Date28 August 2022
An organisation’s success depends on the skills of its people. With the right talent in place, a company can flourish.
This course will teach you the core elements of talent management.
In this 7-week micro-credential, you will learn about human resource planning, the principles and practices of employee recruitment and selection, and the role of performance-management in organisations. Understand how to motivate top talent through rewards and compensation.
The course also covers the importance, and implications, of employee relations management and how a manager can deal with employee grievances and conflict.
Time commitment per week
An average of 10 – 13 hours weekly.
Is this course for you?
This course is for you if you manage a team or want to pursue a management role. Learn how to find top talent and excel as a manager.
Class of 2022 July: 11 July – 28 August
Class of 2022 October: 10 October – 27 November
Upon completion you will receive a digital certificate of competence as evidence of skills and knowledge demonstrated.
The Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent micro-credential has been designed for anyone needing to upskill in this area and offers 80 hours of learning and assessment. Learners study online with expert facilitators and receive robust academic content, while acquiring practical industry-relevant skills. SACAP Global will launch stackable credentials in 2022.
Stack specified combinations of SACAP Global micro-credentials and they can be recognised as equivalent to a module within our degree programme at SACAP South Africa.
If you meet the minimum entrance criteria, you can enrol for the degree and apply for module exemption.
What You’ll Need
- Access to Microsoft Word
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Stable internet connection
What You’ll Learn
Over the course of seven (7) weeks, through videos, readings and discussions, you will explore the following topics:
- Week 1: Human Resource Management Planning and the principles, tools and procedures involved in the process to make sure your departments and organisation has the talent and teams it needs to function well.
- Week 2: Recruitment and selection processes to make sure you get the right people in the right positions.
- Week 3: The role of performance management in organisations to make sure that people know what is expected of them, how they can give of their best and how to give them the feedback they need to thrive.
- Week 4: Rewarding Performance and Compensation Planning. How to motivate staff using rewards and compensation while being mindful of how best – and when – to do so.
- Week 5: The importance and implications of employee relations management.
- Week 6: Managing Employee Grievances and Conflict. The need for policies and procedures that will help a manager deal with employee grievances and conflict and how to deal with a complaint.
- Week 7: Complete a final assessment. Review all aspects of the micro-credential content.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Demonstrated your understanding of human resource (HR) planning.
- Demonstrated your understanding of effective recruitment and selection processes.
- Analysed the role of performance-management in organisations.
- Discussed the considerations to be mindful of when it comes to rewarding performance and developing a compensation plan.
- Discussed the importance and implications of employee relations management.
- Evaluated the need for policies and procedures to help a manager deal with employee grievances and conflict.
You will have also created a portfolio of evidence, which you can use to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of finding and keeping top talent.
Our short course developers and assessors are expert practitioners. They have been selected for the breadth and depth of experience in their respective disciplines. The team loves sharing their knowledge and online learning expertise to help you get the most out of your learning journey.
Sharpen your ability to carry out human resource planning.
Gain skills in spotting talent and managing and rewarding performance.
Up your game in employee relations management.