Search our selection of online short courses
The Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health – Where to From Here?
Understand the impact of COVID-19 on mental health. Explore the individual and social responses to lockdown.
- Investigate the role that disaster psychiatry plays during a pandemic.
- Learn about the emotional epidemic curve of COVID-19.
- Gain insight into the long-term consequences for children and adolescents.
Childhood Disorders – Causes, Symptoms, Misdiagnosis and Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities
Understand childhood psychological disorders. Gain insight into the management and treatment of childhood disorders.
- Understand childhood disorders prevalent in South Africa.
- Gain insight into childhood psychopathology, its causes and unique factors.
- Explore the prevention and management of childhood disorders.
How to have Critical Conversations
Learn how to have difficult conversations in a personal and professional setting. Gain practical skills to have critical conversations.
- Use your authentic voice to express yourself in a personal and professional setting.
- Approach critical conversations with confidence and humility.
- Manage a critical conversation and steer towards positive outcomes for all parties.
Developing a Growth Mindset
A growth mindset enables you to embrace your abilities, skills and talents. Actualise your potential.
- Discover how your mindset effects the person that you are.
- Shift your mindset to run your life as the world's successful leaders do.
- Tap into your potential to develop yourself and grow as an individual.
Building a Positive Self-Esteem
Go on a journey of introspection and self-reflection to understand what affects your self-esteem and how to enhance it.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your self-esteem.
- Go on a journey of critical thinking and self-reflection.
- Apply methods and strategies to enhance your self-esteem.
Intro to Human Behaviour
Understand what makes you, "you." Discover why humans think, feel and behave the way they do.
- Improve your self-awareness about how you relate to yourself and others.
- Apply frameworks to understand human development at various life stages.
- Apply your newfound knowledge in personal and professional settings.
Factors Influencing Human Behaviour
Explore internal and external factors that shape human behaviour. Learn how habits, attitudes and values are formed.
- Explore the factors that influence human cognition and emotion.
- Uncover the factors that influence how attitudes and values are created.
- Learn how your sense of self shapes your ability to connect with others.
Fundamental Counselling Skills
Want to enhance your current skillset? Learn the basics of counselling and how to have effective helping conversations with others.
- Sharpen your helping skills to better support others.
- Learn how to have effective helping relationships and conversations with others.
- Conceptualise and apply various counselling processes and skills on a weekly basis.
Deepening Your Counselling Skills
Want to further develop your counselling knowledge and skills? Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Further develop your counselling knowledge and application.
- Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Learn how to work with clients who are resistant, challenging, or diverse.
Intro to Crisis & Trauma
Explore various concepts of crisis and trauma and develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Explore principles and approaches of managing incidents of crisis and trauma.
- Develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand key assumptions and key principles that govern a Trauma-informed Care Approach.
Symptoms of Crisis & Trauma
Understand the differences between immediate and long-term effects of crisis and trauma and accompanying emotional and physical reactions.
- Understand common experiences and responses to trauma.
- Explore trauma-related Psychological Disorders.
- Learn about cross-cultural interpretations of PTSD.
Learn why specific crisis and trauma interventions are appropriate in addressing complex trauma.
- Explore specialised Crisis and Trauma Counselling interventions.
- Understand the rationale behind appropriate methodologies.
- Apply intervention strategies in a Crisis and Trauma Counselling scenarios.