Search our selection of online short courses
Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Early Diagnosis and Intervention
Gain insight into the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and dyslexia.
- Understand the criteria for the diagnosis of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Differentiate types of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Explore the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Childhood Disorders – Causes, Symptoms, Misdiagnosis and Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities
Understand childhood psychological disorders. Gain insight into the management and treatment of childhood disorders.
- Understand childhood disorders prevalent in South Africa.
- Gain insight into childhood psychopathology, its causes and unique factors.
- Explore the prevention and management of childhood disorders.
Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness for the Treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Gain insight into the treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) through the use of Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness.
- Understand the impact of trauma on the individual.
- Examine PTSD within the South African context.
- Treat PTSD using Trauma-sensitive Mindfulness.
The Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health – Where to From Here?
Understand the impact of COVID-19 on mental health. Explore the individual and social responses to lockdown.
- Investigate the role that disaster psychiatry plays during a pandemic.
- Learn about the emotional epidemic curve of COVID-19.
- Gain insight into the long-term consequences for children and adolescents.
Sexology: Intro to Relationship Dynamics
Gain insight into the role you play in creating and maintaining relationship dynamics.
- Learn how to cultivate and grow healthy relationships and enable effective conflict resolution.
- Gain insight into relationship types and dynamics.
- Deepen your understanding of love, relationships, and marriage.
The Science of Sexology
Explore the scientific study of human sexuality, sexual interests, sexual behaviours and functions.
- Understand concepts related to human sexuality and behaviour that are naively misunderstood.
- Examine the pre-scientific and scientific contributions to building the foundations of the science of sexology.
- Identify what is the work of a Sexologist, Sexuality Therapist and Counsellor of Sexuality.
How to have Critical Conversations
Learn how to have difficult conversations in a personal and professional setting. Gain practical skills to have critical conversations.
- Use your authentic voice to express yourself in a personal and professional setting.
- Approach critical conversations with confidence and humility.
- Manage a critical conversation and steer towards positive outcomes for all parties.
Management & Leadership
Intro to Coaching
Explore key aspects of coaching and how it can support personal and professional development.
- Understand what coaching is all about.
- Empower yourself and those around you.
- Build relationships, communicate effectively, and manage progress in your day-to-day life and workplace.
Developing a Growth Mindset
A growth mindset enables you to embrace your abilities, skills and talents. Actualise your potential.
- Discover how your mindset effects the person that you are.
- Shift your mindset to run your life as the world's successful leaders do.
- Tap into your potential to develop yourself and grow as an individual.
Building a Positive Self-Esteem
Go on a journey of introspection and self-reflection to understand what affects your self-esteem and how to enhance it.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your self-esteem.
- Go on a journey of critical thinking and self-reflection.
- Apply methods and strategies to enhance your self-esteem.
The Art of Motivation: Empower Self and Others
Understand motivation, internal and external drives, how emotions influence behaviour and what underpins people’s pursuits in life.
- Deepen your understanding of motivation.
- Understand how emotions influence behaviour and drive.
- Discover internal motives that energise, direct, and sustain behaviour.
Psychological Theories of Child and Adolescent Development
Understand the ways in which children and adolescences develop, think and behave.
- Sharpen your understanding of child and adolescent development theories.
- Explore significant developmental milestones that distinguish childhood and adolescence.
- Understand social, emotional and psychological changes in childhood and adolescence.