Search our selection of online short courses
Building a Positive Self-Esteem
Go on a journey of introspection and self-reflection to understand what affects your self-esteem and how to enhance it.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your self-esteem.
- Go on a journey of critical thinking and self-reflection.
- Apply methods and strategies to enhance your self-esteem.
The Art of Motivation: Empower Self and Others
Understand motivation, internal and external drives, how emotions influence behaviour and what underpins people’s pursuits in life.
- Deepen your understanding of motivation.
- Understand how emotions influence behaviour and drive.
- Discover internal motives that energise, direct, and sustain behaviour.
Psychological Theories of Child and Adolescent Development
Understand the ways in which children and adolescences develop, think and behave.
- Sharpen your understanding of child and adolescent development theories.
- Explore significant developmental milestones that distinguish childhood and adolescence.
- Understand social, emotional and psychological changes in childhood and adolescence.
Counselling Children and Youth
Develop skills and awareness around current challenges faced by children and youth.
- Reflect on the effects of family break up, grief, trauma, sexual abuse, and bullying.
- Explore creative ways to effectively engage with children and young people in crisis.
- Apply meaningful counselling strategies to address issues that affect children and youth.
Intro to Human Behaviour
Understand what makes you, "you." Discover why humans think, feel and behave the way they do.
- Improve your self-awareness about how you relate to yourself and others.
- Apply frameworks to understand human development at various life stages.
- Apply your newfound knowledge in personal and professional settings.
Factors Influencing Human Behaviour
Explore internal and external factors that shape human behaviour. Learn how habits, attitudes and values are formed.
- Explore the factors that influence human cognition and emotion.
- Uncover the factors that influence how attitudes and values are created.
- Learn how your sense of self shapes your ability to connect with others.
Fundamental Counselling Skills
Want to enhance your current skillset? Learn the basics of counselling and how to have effective helping conversations with others.
- Sharpen your helping skills to better support others.
- Learn how to have effective helping relationships and conversations with others.
- Conceptualise and apply various counselling processes and skills on a weekly basis.
Deepening Your Counselling Skills
Want to further develop your counselling knowledge and skills? Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Further develop your counselling knowledge and application.
- Apply frameworks and practical structure to deepen your helping conversations.
- Learn how to work with clients who are resistant, challenging, or diverse.
Intro to Crisis & Trauma
Explore various concepts of crisis and trauma and develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Explore principles and approaches of managing incidents of crisis and trauma.
- Develop a strategy for implementing a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand key assumptions and key principles that govern a Trauma-informed Care Approach.
Symptoms of Crisis & Trauma
Understand the differences between immediate and long-term effects of crisis and trauma and accompanying emotional and physical reactions.
- Understand common experiences and responses to trauma.
- Explore trauma-related Psychological Disorders.
- Learn about cross-cultural interpretations of PTSD.
Learn why specific crisis and trauma interventions are appropriate in addressing complex trauma.
- Explore specialised Crisis and Trauma Counselling interventions.
- Understand the rationale behind appropriate methodologies.
- Apply intervention strategies in a Crisis and Trauma Counselling scenarios.
Effective Crisis & Trauma Management
Understand which treatments and approaches are most effective in managing post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Better understand of the effects of rape and partner violence.
- Recognise the importance of self-care as a counsellor and the risk of secondary trauma and chronic fatigue.
- Effectively manage situations of crisis and trauma.